Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Slow Mornings = Yummy Breakfast

So this morning prior to writing the last post I went for a 30 min power walk (in the rain!). Usually when I am home mom comes with me and we motivate eachother but with her broken foot. My motivation for the walk had to rely solely on myself. blech rain. But I did it and yes it was great!

Afterwards made an amazingly yummy breakfast for mom and I called Protein Pancakes. This recipe is from the Tone It Up Girls  and it is wow. Way better than pancakes made with flour and sugar! So much more flavour and the healthy factor gives me a little smile :)

Protein Pancakes
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (Soyamax)
  • 1/2 banana (mashed) ( I usually use a whole small one)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed
  • handful of frozen or fresh blueberries
  • handful of wheat bran 
1) Mash bananas untill smooth. 2) Add egg whites into banana and whip quickly with a fork or a whisk. 3) Add cinnamon, flaxseed, protein powder and blueberries. Mix until batter texture. Not too much though. 4) Add wheat bran if necessary. When it rains here it becomes very humid so the batter was too liquidy. When it doesn't rain I don't usually need the wheat bran but really it is a very good source of fibre so just use your discretion. 5) Pour into pan that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray (medium heat). 6) Cook on one side until little bubbles form (like any normal pancake) and then flip. 

Easy Peasy!!  

I usually top with yoghurt and some trail mix or even I pour a tbsp of mollasses on my plate and dip the pancake into the mollasses. I think mollasses is better than syrup!! Love that caramelly burnt yumminess.

Without toppings and without wheatbran this is a single serving recipe of 2 pancakes which come out to be ~250 calories. Can't live with out pancakes... try these and you won't have to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment