Monday, September 6, 2010

High Protein Chocolate Carob Pumpkin Pudding


This recipe was again adapted from ohsheglows.com. I love her her recipes and use of pumpkin in so many things. I can feel fall coming on....

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup  Chocolate Whey Nutrimeal (Protein Powder) 
  • 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder, to taste
  • 3/4 cup Almond Milk (I used soy because that is all I had)
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • Drizzle of maple syrup, to garnish
  • Unsweetened coconut, to garnish


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and woila. High protein chocolate pudding that will NOT leave you with a sugar high. mmmmmm pumpkin....

Feel free to throw some flax seeds on to garnish or even cranberries as well. I love extra little crunchy bits in the things I eat. I had this for dessert last night after a lovely salmon dinner that my parents made (I'm visiting). It was basically the 100 mile diet except for the peas (we ran out of veggies). Dad caught the sockeye off of Sooke (19 of them!!), picked the potatoes from our garden and picked up corn from a local farm about 15 km down the road. Yummmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment