Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I LOVE Vacation... aka being graduated and not returning to 8:30 classes this morning

So today was the first day in 18 years that I have not returned back to school. It is a very weird feeling. I almost feel as if something is missing. It's definitely a shock to the system when you are so entranced in the cycle of school, summer holiday (work), school, summer holiday... and now it is _________________ . Yes time to fill in the blank. But with what?

This past week has been a week of mental pruning for me. I am trying to sort out what I really want out of life. Some may say this is selfish, but hey I am selfish. This is the time for me to be selfish. I know where I want to be in 5 years. Just how I am going to get there is the _______________. People say that it is the journey that means the most. Not where you were at the start or where you are now but how you got there. Well people, welcome to my journey :)

 Through this week and through an amazing opportunity I have been introduced to I am noticing my thought process change from "graduate, get a job that pays $30, 000 a year answering phones because I will work my way up to the top" to "No, I am worth more and have way more to offer than answering a stupid phone. No, I don't want to work for you and work from 9-5 when I could get the same amount of work done from 9-1. Yes, I do want to work on my time and use my efficiency to my advantage"

The problem with working for somebody else is they decide what you are worth. They limit your pay grade, they tell you what jobs you can and can not do. Say you have a GREAT idea that you think is fabulous, they have the power to vito it and say NO because I am the boss and I have more experience and earn more than you. Even though they may not see the bigger picture like you.

In Robert Kiyosaki's book "Retire Young, Retire Rich" he talks about the power of leverage. Leveraging your own mind to understanding that what you dream and what you believe in... is in actual fact attainable. The people who don't think they will be able to afford a nice car, a nice house and expensive wine won't be able to because they are limiting themselves by their own beliefs. Some may call me a dreamer but really without dreams and aspirations what do we have? A job that gets us through the month, with us living pay-cheque to pay-cheque depriving ourselves of what we really deserve in life. SORRY but I know what I want and I am going to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment