Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tacos Tacos Tacos (chick pea tacos)

So these are some long lost posts where I took photos but never uploaded them. I figured I would put them up because looking back, they were delicious! and you just may love them like I do.

So sometimes, make that a lot of the time, I like a good taco. How can you resist the deliciousness of salsa, cheese and cilantro. Yum Yum!  On occasion though I don't really feel like cooking or buying meat so one night when I was craving tacos without meat I decided to make Chickpea Tacos! To be honest I didn't miss the ground beef at all. They were so yummy without and I think my digestive system was happy with me for making them with chick peas.

Ingredients:

1 can chickpeas
1/2 red pepper
1 large carrot
1 package taco mix
1/3 cup water
wholewheat tortilla
1 tbsp 0% fat greek yoghurt
shredded cheese
salsa
chopped letuce
chopped cilantro


Directions:

1) Dice up red pepper and carrot into small pieces and saute in pan with some olive oil until half cooked. 2) Drain the can of chickpeas and rinse. 3) Add chickpeas to pan. 4) Add taco mix and water to pan and stir until water has evaporated (I told you it was easy....)


5) Now the fun part. Assemble! I used greek yoghurt instead of sour cream as that was all I had but I really do think its a good option. WAY less fat and WAY more protein. Plus all I really want is that creamy taste which you definitely get from the yoghurt. Top with cheese.


6) Now chickpeas, lettuce and cilantro.
7) Thats a wrap! (Pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment